Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shout-outs

Semester in Review II will come... some day, but not at 1:40 in the morning

Organic I is toast.
Yes, it is done and as much as I'd like to chunk all that I just so diligently filed away into my brain, alas, I must use it for another month as a foundation to build on during Organic II! And as much as I'd like to chunk that information after I finish that class, alas again... I'll need it for the next time I take the MCAT.

This summer has been a mixture of being great and dull at the same time. Let me explain.

I don't really have to discuss the dullness in detail. First of all, that would bore you, thereby declining your readership to my blog. ...and we can't have that

This summer has been a little dull because I'm in school a lot and b/c I am not working in some great camp/ministry setting in which each day presents itself being surrounded by tons of other great staff people who you are around 24/7 and provide unceasing amounts of fellowship and entertainment. I think I've just gotten used to doing this with my summers, so it has taken some adjustments to get used to.

On the other hand, it has been a great summer so far.
I attribute such greatness to this summer because of all the great people that I have met. People make the world go round, or at least mine. Let me give props to a few people for making my summer better while living in Jackson. Please forgive me if I've forgotten anyone.
The Bassett family! Joel, Jonathan, and Rachel... (in alphabetical order, I can't play favorites!). Y'all have been so gracious to me this summer. I can attribute many meals to you all. Thanks for your terrific friendship, I only hope I can pay you back with some of my corny jokes and maybe a meal someday.
Anna G. and Nathan B. - Thanks for running with me- I've been a lone runner for a long time, and I want to throw up at the end of each run thanks to y'all! (Just in case you were wondering, that's a good thing in my book). Have a great trip in Peru, Anna!
Mom and Dad! -thanks for the food, the room, the friendship and your patience with me
John Monteith - dude, I'm really glad you're in Jackson now -enjoying our Sunday get-togethers
Daniel Boyett - thanks for your endless availability to hang out and to always supply me with more philosophy than my little brain can handle. it's always a joy to go over and hang out. Glad your dad is gonna get to come back this summer!
Joy Richardson! - Thanks (7 hours in advance) for going to help me pick out glasses! You are such an encouragement I have to say. Good luck in Nursing school.
BenJAMMIN' Ratliff - watching a rockband marathon says it all. where else could I go to get my fix or to get a cheap sonic burger? Let's go to Lagniappe next weekend!
Mr. Jason Collins, Drew H., Courtney B., Hannah K., and Chris C. - thanks for your friendship in Organic I. I really enjoyed hanging out with you guys despite the setting :)
Lance -thanks for your persistence in our friendship. Ole' faithful. And yes, we need to finish our conversation.

3 comments:

raquelmae said...

yes, you are!

Thanks for the mention : ). You're sweet. I've enjoyed hanging out with you too. I hope your weekend was good.

Unknown said...

Congrats on finishing Organic! :) I think God has shown/is showing you His plans for your summer...it will be exciting to look back on this summer and see how He's worked in ways that you didn't expect by simply being at home.

Unknown said...

And the road trip! Yeah!! You're a great guy, Rob. It has been great to have a new friend upon my return to Jackson.